Keyword(s):Classification of Sound , Music Education , Visual Representation , Waveform , Causal Listening , Composed Space , Listening Strategy , Source Recognition , Audio-vision
This CD-ROM contains 10 educational games for young listeners:
- Image and sound synchronisation: identify the causal relationship between various sounds and images.
- Sound sources moving: identify spatial movements of sound.
- Localisation of a sound source: identify a spatial position (front, back, right, left).
- Acoustic spaces: classify sounds from three types of space (normal, bathroom, concert hall).
- Sound morphing: reconstitute the trajectory from one sound to another sound.
- Musical themes morphing: reconstitute the trajectory from one musical theme to another musical theme.
- Musical puzzle: reconstitute three musical pieces from their fragments (classical, rock and soundscape).
- Sound classification: classify sounds in two categories (percussion and other).
- Graphical representation of sound: associate sounds to sonograms and waveforms.
- Identification of sound events: source recognition.
IRCAM-Hyptique, (1999). Dix jeux d'écoute