Keyword(s):Spectral Analysis , Acoustics , Synthesis and Resynthesis Techniques , Real-time , Spatialisation , Analysis , Composed Space , Timbre , Computer Music , Interactivity , Interdisciplinary Artistic Work , Multimedia , Live Electronics , Mixed Work , Open Form , Spectralisme , Semiotics
This CD-ROM presents the musical universe of Kaija Saariaho, a Finnish composer.
- “Moissons”: a short presentation by two musicians (Camilla Hoitenga and Ansi Karttunen) of two works, Près (1992) for cello and electronics and NoaNoa (1992) for flute and electronics.
- “Spectres”: Jean-Baptiste Barrière explains the various sound technologies used by Kaija Saariaho through examples from her works.
- “Mirrors”: a film by Jean-Baptiste Mathieu with music by Kaija Saariaho and a composition game to create music from small musical fragments played by Camilla Hoitenga (flute) and Ansi Karttunen (cello).
- “Nuées”: the poetic world of Kaija Saariaho (interviews, important artistic works, role of musical instruments).
- “Amers”: an analysis by Ivanka Stoianova of this work for cello, musical ensemble and electronics.