Keyword(s):Masking , Acoustics , Beating , Harmonic , Inharmonic , Oscillation , Resonance , Spectrum , Waveform , Music Psychology , Psychoacoustics , Combination Tones , Spectral Fusion , Timbre
This book is an exceptional mixture of physics, psychoacoustics, and neuropsychology in which music plays the role of agglutinative and conciliator among the diverse disciplines. It is seen by many as a classic in its field.
Table of Contents:
1. Music, Physics, Psychophysics, and Neuropsychology: An Interdisciplinary Approach
2. Sound Vibrations, Pure Tones, and the Perception of Pitch
3. Sound Waves, Acoustical Energy, and the Perception of Loudness
4. Generation of Musical Sounds, Complex Tones, and the Perception of Timbre
5. Superposition and Successions of Complex Tones and the Perception of Music